Impastor is an American sitcom created by Christopher Vane (Good Luck Charlie). The series stars Michael Rosenbaum (Smallville), who also serves as executive producer alongside Vane, Eric Tannenbaum and Kim Tannenbaum. Impastor premiered on July 15, 2015, on TV Land.
Impastor follows Buddy Dobbs (Michael Rosenbaum), a fugitive and hard-core gambling addict who, in order to hide from a pair of loan sharks, ends up stealing the identity of a recently deceased gay pastor who was relocating to Ladner, a local small-town community.
- Michael Rosenbaum as Buddy Dobbs, a slacker and gambling addict who fakes his own death and is posing as gay Lutheran pastor Jonathan Barlow to hide from loan sharks. Upon assuming this identity, Buddy asks the citizens of Ladner to informally address him as “Buddy,” lying and stating that it is a nickname.
- Sara Rue (Less than Perfect, Eastwick, Malibu Country) as Dora Winston, Buddy’s conservative, perpetually cheerful assistant.
- David Rasche (Ugly Betty) as Alden Schmidt, president of Ladner Trinity Lutheran Church who often opposes Buddy’s unconventional means of managing the congregation.
- Mircea Monroe (Episodes, Hart of Dixie) as Alexa Cummings, the beautiful and highly intelligent treasurer of Ladner Trinity Lutheran Church and owner of a local fashion boutique.
- Mike Kosinski (Dog Moms) as Russell Kerry, secretary of Ladner Trinity Lutheran Church. He is gay and rivals Alexa for Buddy’s romantic attention.