Mr. Robot is an American drama–thriller television series created by Sam Esmail. The early premiere of the pilot was shown on May 27, 2015 on multiple online and VOD services and was so well received that the series was renewed for a second season before the first season had premiered on USA Network on June 24, 2015.
The series follows Elliot Alderson, a young man living in New York City, who works at the cybersecurity company Allsafe as a security engineer. Constantly struggling with social anxiety disorder and clinical depression, Elliot’s thought process seems heavily influenced by paranoia and delusion. He connects to people by hacking them, which often leads him to act as a cyber-vigilante. He is recruited by a mysterious insurrectionary anarchist known as “Mr. Robot”, and joins his team of hacktivists known as “fsociety”. One of their missions is to cancel all debts by taking down one of the largest corporations in the world, E Corp (known as “Evil Corp” by Elliot), which also happens to be Allsafe’s biggest client.
- Rami Malek (The War at home) as Elliot Alderson, a security engineer at Allsafe Cybersecurity and a vigilante hacker. He has social anxiety disorder and deals with clinical depression and delusions, which cause him to struggle socially and live isolated from other people.
- Christian Slater (The Forgotten, Breaking In) as Mr. Robot/Edward Alderson, an insurrectionary anarchist who recruits Elliot into an underground hacker group called fsociety.
- Carly Chaikin (Suburgatory) as Darlene Alderson, one of the fsociety hackers.
- Portia Doubleday (Mr. Sunshine) as Angela Moss, Elliot’s childhood friend and a fellow employee at Allsafe.
- Martin Wallström (Familjen) as Tyrell Wellick, the ambitious Senior Vice President of Technology at E Corp.
- Michel Gill (House of Cards) as Gideon Goddard, CEO of Allsafe Security.
- Gloria Reuben (ER, Raising the Bar) as Krista Gordon, Elliot’s psychiatrist.
- Frankie Shaw (Mixology) as Shayla Nico, Elliot’s drug dealer and girlfriend.
- Bruce Altman (Blue Blood, Show me a hero, Law & Order) as Terry Colby, the former CTO of E Corp who is framed by fsociety for a hack attack.
- Ben Rappaport (Outsourced, The Good Wife) as Ollie Parker, Angela’s boyfriend and an employee at Allsafe
- Brian Stokes Mitchell (New Kids on the Block, The Prince of Bel-Air) as Scott Knowles, the CTO candidate of E Corp following Colby’s arrest.
- Michele Hicks (The Shield, Heist) as Sharon Knowles, the wife of Scott Knowles.
- Michael Cristofer (Rubicon, Smash) as Phillip Price, the CEO of E Corp.
- BD Wong (Oz, Law & Order: Special Victims Unit) as White Rose, a transgender woman and head of the Dark Army.