Dear White People
Dear White People is an American satirical comedy-drama television series on Netflix, based on the 2014 film of the same name. Justin Simien returned to write and direct episodes of the series. It follows a group of students of color at a predominantly white school who face social injustice. Each episode, besides the finale, focuses on a particular character. Netflix ordered ten 30-minute episodes and the first season was released on April 28, 2017.
Cast and characters
- Logan Browning (Hit the Floor, Powers, Meet the Browns, Summerland) as Samantha White
- Brandon P. Bell (Insecure, Hollywood Heights, 2 Broke Girls, Switched) as Troy Fairbanks. Bell reprises his role from the film.
- DeRon Horton (Lethal Weapon) as Lionel Higgins
- Antoinette Robertson (The Haves and the Have Nots , Hart of Dixie) as Colandrea “Coco” Conners
- John Patrick Amedori (Hindsight, Gossip Girl, Vanished) as Gabe Mitchell
- Marque Richardson (The Newsroom, True Blood, My Alibi) as Reggie Green. Richardson reprises his role from the film.
- Ashley Blaine Featherson (Roomieloverfriends, Hello Cupid) as Joelle Brooks. Featherson reprises her role from the film.
- Obba Babatundé (The Bold and the Beautiful, I’m Duying Up Here, Winx Club) as Dean Fairbanks.
- Ally Maki (Wrecked, 10 Things I Hate about You, Privileged) as Ikumi
- Caitlin Carver (The Fosters, Hit the Floor) as Muffy Tuttle
- Wyatt Nash (Hollywood Heights) as Kurt Fletcher
- Brant Daugherty (Pretty Little Liars, Days of our Lives) as Thane Lockwood
- Nia Long (Empire, Hand of God, House of Lies) as Neika Hobbs
- Nia Jervier as Kelsey Phillips
- Jeremy Tardy (The Mindy Project) as Rashid Bakr
- Jemar Michael as Al
- Francia Raisa (The Secret Life of the American Teenager) as Vanessa
- Alex Alcheh as Milo
- DJ Blickenstaff (Colony) as Silvio