Grace and Frankie
Grace and Frankie is an American comedy series that originally streamed on Netflix on May 8, 2015. The series was created by Marta Kauffman (Friends, Dream On) and Howard J. Morris, and stars Jane Fonda (The Newsroom) and Lily Tomlin (Desperate Housewives, Damages, The West Wing) in the title roles.
The series follows Grace, a retired cosmetics mogul, and Frankie, a hippie art teacher, whose husbands, Robert and Sol, are successful divorce lawyers in San Diego. Grace and Frankie’s lives are turned upside down when Robert and Sol announce that they are in love with each other and are leaving their wives. Now, the women, who have never particularly liked each other, are forced to live together and support each other as they navigate the next chapter of their lives.
- Jane Fonda (The Newsroom) as Grace Hanson; a retired cosmetics mogul
- Lily Tomlin (Damages, The West Wing) as Frankie Bergstein; a hippie art teacher
- Sam Waterston (Law & Order, The Newsroom) as Sol Bergstein; a successful divorce lawyer
- Martin Sheen (The West Wing, Anger Management) as Robert Hanson; a successful divorce lawyer
- Brooklyn Decker (Friends with Better Lives) as Mallory Hanson; younger daughter of Grace and Robert, married with two children and a stay at home mom.
- Ethan Embry (Brotherhood) as Coyote Bergstein; adopted son of Frankie and Sol, a substitute teacher and recovering drug addict
- June Diane Raphael (New Girl) as Brianna Hanson; daughter of Grace and Robert, head of the company founded and once run by Grace
- Baron Vaughn as Nwabudike “Bud” Bergstein; adopted son of Frankie and Sol, himself a lawyer
- Geoff Stults (7th Heaven, October Road, Happy Town, The Finder, Enlisted) as Mitch, Mallory’s doctor husband of more than seven years.
- Mary Kay Place (Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman, My So-Called Life) as Amanda, one of Frankie and Sol’s oldest friends
- Joe Morton (Watch Your Mouth, Eureka, The Good Wife, Scandal) as Jason, one of Frankie and Sol’s oldest friends.
- Ernie Hudson (Bones, Once Upon A Time) as Jacob, a love interest of Frankie’s.
- Christine Lahti (Chicago Hope, Jack & Bobby) as Lydia Foster, Robert’s sister and a close friend of Grace.
- Craig T. Nelson (Coach, My Name Is Earl, Parenthood) as Guy, an adventurous college friend of Robert and Grace’s love interest