Mike & Molly
Mike & Molly is an American sitcom created by Mark Roberts (The Naked Truth) which aired on CBS from September 20, 2010 to May 16, 2016, for a total of six seasons and 127 episodes. The series stars Melissa McCarthy (Samantha Who?, Gilmore Girls, Gilmore Girls: A Year In The Life) and Billy Gardell (Yes Dear, My Name Is Earl) as the eponymous Mike and Molly, a couple who meet in a Chicago Overeaters Anonymous group and fall in love.
The 13-episode sixth season began airing on January 6, 2016. On January 12, 2016, CBS announced that it would cancel Mike & Molly after the sixth season concludes, electing not to renew its licensing agreement with Warner Bros. Television, which ended after this season. The series finale aired May 16, 2016.
- Billy Gardell as Officer Michael “Mike” Biggs, a Chicago Police officer attempting to lose weight. He doesn’t appear to be a deep thinker, but he’s good-hearted and humorous. He often caves in to his mother’s demands, much to Molly’s dismay, but his relationship with Molly has made him much more independent.
- Melissa McCarthy as Molly Flynn, a fourth-grade teacher at Walter Payton Elementary School, also attempting to lose weight. She is sweet, happy, intelligent, and caring. She is the rational member of her family, but is known to have a quick temper and has built up much debt from lavish shopping and traveling. When she and Mike finally marry, she keeps Flynn as her last name, and they spend much of their time trying to get pregnant.
- Reno Wilson (The Cosby Show, The Chronicle, Blind Justice) as Officer Carlton “Carl” McMillan, a Chicago Police officer and Mike’s partner and best friend. He tends towards self-pity, owing to his mother abandoning him. He lived with his grandmother for a long time until she made him move into his own apartment. He struggles in relationships with women and is depicted as lonely. He is a big fan of soul and gospel music and openly dislikes bluegrass.
- Katy Mixon (Two and a Half Men, Eastbound & Down, American Housewife) as Victoria Flynn, Molly’s dimwitted, kindhearted, party-girl sister who is often high on marijuana, and is often sleeping around with multiple men. She is employed as a funeral-home beautician.
- Swoosie Kurtz (Love, Sydney, Sisters) as Joyce Moranto, mother of Molly and Victoria. Widowed when her daughters were young, she began dating Vincent Moranto in Season 1. She is very modern and attempts to stay youthful; she also drinks heavily and has a hair-trigger temper.
- Nyambi Nyambi as Babatunde, aka Samuel, a sarcastic waiter at Abe’s, the restaurant where Mike and Carl eat. He is also a close friend to Mike, Carl, and eventually Molly. He is from Senegal and often refers to the suffering in his home country, so he cannot easily sympathize with his restaurant patrons’ “petty” problems.
- Louis Mustillo (High Incident) as Vincent “Vince” Moranto, Joyce’s on/off boyfriend, then fiancé, now husband and Molly and Victoria’s stepfather, and Mike’s stepfather-in-law. A widower, he tends to be flirty, chauvinistic, and sarcastic. A high-school dropout, he’s not the most intelligent, but he cares deeply for Joyce and has shown fatherly care toward Molly and Victoria—despite having met Molly after being set up on a blind date with her, and his constant comments about Victoria’s “rack.”
- Rondi Reed (Wild Palms, Murder in the Heartland) as Margaret “Peggy” Biggs, Mike’s mother. She is very controlling and traditional, as well as grumpy and cranky. She often refers to her ex-husband Jack leaving her and running away to Florida with a prostitute. Peggy is also very fussy over her dog “Jim” (a Brussels Griffon mix), whom she treats more like a son than a pet.
- Cleo King (Sons of Anarchy, Deadwood, Boston Public, A Series of Unfortunate Events) as Rosetta McMillan (season 1-5; guest, season 6), Carl’s grandmother. She is very traditional and has professed deep love for her grandson, but is outwardly annoyed by Carl’s behavior. She has a big heart and treats Mike, who calls her “Nana”, like a second grandson. She often gives Mike and Carl advice (mostly regarding relationships with women).
- David Anthony Higgins (Malcom in the Middle, Ellen, Big Time Rush) as Harry (season 3–6, recurring previously), a friend of Mike and Molly’s who attends the same Overeaters Anonymous meetings. He is nice but socially awkward and tends to say whatever he is thinking, even thoughts that make him seem pathetic.