Brief Encounters is a British comedy-drama series created by Oriane Messina (Green Wing, Boomers, Campus) and Fay Rusling (Green Wing, Campus). The series is loosely based on Gold Group International CEO Jacqueline Gold’s 1995 memoir, Good Vibrations, details the beginning of the Ann Summers retailer company, through four women who see the potential of finding happiness and fulfillment by selling lingerie and sex toys to women in the privacy of their own homes.
In the early 1980s the lives of four ordinary women, their husbands, mothers, families and community are turned around when they become Ann Summers party plan saleswomen.
- Sophie Rundle (Episodes, Peaky Blinders, Happy Valley) as Stephanie “Steph” Kirke
- Angela Griffin (Ordinary Lies, Coronation Street) as Nita Dempsey
- Penelope Wilton (Downton Abbey, Doctor Who) as Pauline Spake (née Hadley)
- Sharon Rooney (My Mad Fat Diary) as Dawn Bundy (née Toxton)
- Peter Wight (The Paradise, Hit & Miss) as Brian Spake
- Will Merrick (Skins) as Russell Bundy
- Karl Davies (Happy Valley, Emmerdale Farm) as Terry Kirke
- Don Gilet (Babyfather, 55 Degrees North) as Kieran Dempsey
- Ben Bailey Smith (4 O’Clock Club, Strange Hill High) as Jonathan “Johnny” Daniels (né Hadley)
- Chloe Pirrie (The Living and the Dead) as Helena “Hellie” Matlock
- Pippa Haywood (Green Wing, Mr. Selfridge) as Bunny Matlock
- Gina Bramhill (Being Human, The Increasingly Poor Decisions of Todd Margaret) as Lisa
- Kent Riley (Hollyoaks) as Barry
- Felicity Montagu (I Am Alan Partridge) as Joan