Lethal Weapon is an American buddy cop action comedy-drama television series that is based on the action film series of the same namecreated by Shane Black. The series was ordered on May 10, 2016 and premiered on Fox on September 21, 2016. On October 12, 2016, Fox picked up the series for a full season of 18 episodes.
- Damon Wayans (My Wife and Kids) as Roger Murtaugh, a senior Los Angeles Police Department Detective who returns to the force after recovering from a heart attack and is partnered with Texas transplant Martin Riggs. He is married with three children (two teenagers and a toddler). He is a native of Inglewood, California, and currently resides in Sherman Oaks. He carries a Heckler & Koch USP as his duty weapon.
- Clayne Crawford (24, Rectify, Rogue) as Martin Riggs, a Navy SEAL-turned-police officer from El Paso, Texas. He moves to Los Angeles after the death of his wife and unborn child, transferring from the El Paso County Sheriff’s Office to the LAPD’s Robbery-Homicide Division. Riggs drives a 1977 Ford F-350 and his weapon of choice is the Beretta 92FS.
- Jordana Brewster (Dallas, American Crime Story, Secrets and Lies) as Dr. Maureen Cahill, the department psychologist who treats Det. Riggs (and occasionally Det. Murtaugh).
- Keesha Sharp (American Crime Story, Everybody hates Chris, Bad Teacher, Are We There Yet?) as Trish Murtaugh, Det. Murtaugh’s loving wife and mother of his three children who works as a defense attorney.
- Kevin Rahm (Bates Motel, Mad Men, Desperate Housewives) as Captain Brooks Avery, the Commanding Officer of Robbery-Homicide Division. Before his promotion, Capt. Avery was partners with Det. Murtaugh.
- Johnathan Fernandez (Good Medicine) as Scorsese, a medical examiner and forensics technician who works alongside Dets. Murtaugh and Riggs.
- Chandler Kinney (Gortimer Gibbon’s Life on Normal Street) as Riana Murtaugh, Det. Murtaugh’s teenage daughter.
- Dante Brown (Mr Robinson, Shameless) as Roger “RJ” Murtaugh Jr., Det. Murtaugh’s teenage son.
- Michelle Mitchenor as Detective Sonya Bailey, a fellow detective with Robbery-Homicide Division. She is partnered with Det. Alex Cruz.
- Floriana Lima (Supergirl) as Miranda Riggs (née Delgado), Det. Riggs’ late wife. Originally from the Los Angeles area, she moved to Texas when she married Riggs, and after her death, he moved to LA and joined the LAPD.
- Richard Cabral (Southland) as Detective Alejandro “Alex” Cruz, formerly an undercover officer with the LAPD’s Gang Division who now works at Robbery-Homicide Division.
- Tony Plana (The Fosters, Alpha House, Desperate Housewives, Ugly Betty) as Ronnie Delgado, the Los Angeles City Attorney and Det. Riggs’ father-in-law