I’m Dying Up Here
I’m Dying Up Here is an American comedy-drama television series created by David Flebotte (Masters of Sex, Will & Grace, Ellen, Desperate Housewives, Boardwalk Empire, Raising Hope). The pilot was written by Flebotte and directed by Jonathan Levine (Rush). It premiered on Showtime on June 4, 2017. The series is executive produced by Flebotte, Jim Carrey, Michael Aguilar, and Christina Wayne. It was announced on January 12, 2016, that Showtime had ordered the pilot to series based on the bestselling book by William Knoedelseder.
Set in Los Angeles in 1973, the series follows the up and coming stand up comics performing at goldie’s, a comedy club on the Sunset Strip.
- Melissa Leo (Treme, The L Word, Wayward Pines) as Goldie, a brassy comedy club owner.
- Ari Graynor (Bad Teacher, Fringe, The Sopranos) as Cassie, an ambitious comedian from Texas and Clay’s ex.
- Clark Duke (The Office, Heart Afire, Greek, Two and a Half Men) as Ron, a Boston comic who travels with Eddie to LA
- Michael Angarano (The Knick, 24, Will and Grace) as Eddie, a Boston comic and Clay’s friend who travels with Ron to LA.
- Andrew Santino (Crafty, Mixology, Sin City Saints, Here’s the Rub) as Bill, a comedy club favorite.
- Stephen Guarino (Eastsiders, Happy Endings, Dr. Ken) as Sully, a zany stand-up comedian.
- Erik Griffin (Workaholics, Blunt Talk, You’re the Worst) as Ralph, a Vietnam vet and comic.
- RJ Cyler (Vice Principals) as Adam, a struggling stand-up comedian.
- Al Madrigal (About a Boy, Gary Unmarried, Free Agents) as Edgar Martinez, a loose cannon comedian.