Lip Service was a British television serial drama portraying the lives of a group of lesbians living in Glasgow, Scotland. Production on the show, which stars Laura Fraser, Ruta Gedmintas and Fiona Button, began in summer 2009 in Glasgow. The show debuted on BBC Three on 12 October 2010. Filming on a second series was confirmed in late 2010, with filming beginning on 30 May 2011. The second series aired on BBC Three from 20 April 2012. In January of 2013, shows creator, Harriet Braun, announced that BBC Three cancelled the series without explanation.
- Laura Fraser (Breaking Bad) as Cat MacKenzie: An architect with an anxious, neurotic personality. She is constantly torn between an old love or a new future.
- Ruta Gedmintas (The Borgias) as Frankie Alan: A brash, impulsive woman, known for her promiscuous ways. She is secretly still in love with Cat, despite having abandoned her prior to the series.
- Fiona Button (How Not to Live Your Life) as Tess Roberts: A struggling actress who is often unlucky in love, which causes her to feel insecure.
- Emun Elliott (Threesome, The Paradise) as Jay Bryan Adams: Cat’s friend and co-worker, a straight male who often can’t restrain himself where beautiful women are concerned.
- James Anthony Pearson (Kidnapped) as Ed MacKenzie: Cat’s younger brother, a science-fiction author who shares Tess’ frustrations with their romantic lives.
- Heather Peace (Hollyoaks) as Detective Sergeant Sam Murray: Cat’s girlfriend throughout the series, a fiercely independent woman who is afraid to show vulnerability.
- Natasha O’Keeffe (Misfits) as Sadie Anderson: A notorious bad girl who dates Frankie briefly but then breaks off on her own.